Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Riding in Tennis Shoes y las Cataratas

So I did something I swore I would never do...I rode a horse wearing tennis shoes. I decided the chance to go riding in Costa Rica outweighed the fact that I was doing it in tennis shoes (haha, Nina I bet you´re laughing right now). The owner of the place we were staying at also owns horses and a few cows and organized a couple horses and a guide to take us to a waterfall that was nearby and very active due to the recent rains. Ryan hadn´t really ridden before so it was fun to be there and watch him bounce around when his hourse tried to race mine. I of course ended up with the fiesty horse.

I have so many pictures, and I know that´s what you´re all mostly interested in, so below you´ll find the pictures of us with the horses and the next post will have the pictures of the cataratas (waterfalls).








This is our guide, Marcos, with the horses. He makes this trek -hour ride and a hike down to and up from the waterfall- every day, two times a day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ha Ha, you got Ryan to ride a horse. Wait till he hears that you will want to own horses, goats, pigs & more!!! Appreciate all the piture posting going on.

Kisses