Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Leaving on a jet plane...



So I thought that buying my plane tickets and being done with school would help me come to the realization that I really am leaving for six months ...nope. Finally, while packing tonight, it hit me that I will be living out of a backpack for over a month and that I have my very own apartment waiting for me in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

The itinerary:

Guatemala Jan 8- Jan 16
Costa Rica Jan 16- Jan 22
Colombia & Ecuador Jan 22- Jan 31
Peru Jan 31- Feb 9
Chile Feb 10- Feb 13
From here it’s on to Argentina where Ryan will leave me and head off for Brazil.

I’ll be posting pictures and entries on this blog. Please feel free to leave me comments on here or send emails to my gmail account.

5 comments:

Alana said...

how jealous am i!!!!!!
i cant wait for this blog dearie. safe travels, un beso grande

Jeff said...

It certainly doesn't feel real until you're actually on your way (or hopping off the plane onto central American soil). I'm so excited for you. I'll shoot you an email with my favorite spots in Guatemala.

Rachael said...

Vness- once you hav settled into Argentina a bit, i have a suggestion for a weekend trip. You can take this thing called the buqueebus from puerto madero to Uruguay into colonia and you take a bus from there to Punta del este this beach town. its pretty pretty pretty. Just an idea for you. we start our shopping journey tomorrow, from what i can see the north part of town is where the good stuff is. cant wait to hear about your adventures!!! <3 rachael

Lynne said...

How is it or are you too tired to know yet

Anonymous said...

Vanessa! Beautiful lady! I am SOOO glad Ryan just told me about this site today! I will be following your journey with great anticipation. I enjoyed reading it and I ESPECIALLY love the pictures!!!! You two are soooo lucky to have this adventure together. Enjoy and savor EVERY minute. I can't wait to read your next posting. Love, Karen