Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Horses, mud, canopy, and more mud

Our last adventure in La Fortuna, Costa Rica was the best one by far! We rode horses again up a different mountain that had a set of 9 different cables of varying heights (170 feet up at the highest) and speeds. Though I´ll admit that I was nervous while our guide, Raul, went over all the basics, this was honestly one of the coolest things I have ever done in my life. You really can´t explain what it´s like so I´ll let the pictures try...


Harnessed up! (These are our ¨harnets¨ as pronounced by our Colombian guide, Raul)

I think this picture does the best at showing just how high up we were. That is our guide swinging through the air towards us.

Look at me go!

Ryan´s turn. This was one of the longest stretches, about a half mile.

On the way in Raul told me to let my horse go and I did. Flying on horseback through fields and across little streams is definitely one of the most amazing things a person can do (well canopying is now very up there on my list).

No comments: