Saturday, April 21, 2007

Uruguay 4- Felices Pascuas

Aline and I decided to drag ourselves out of bed to go to church on Easter sunday. Aline was so sweet and had bought chocolate bunnies that she left on our pillows to make up for the fact that we wouldn't be getting easter baskets or anything.


This street just screamed out for a picture on the way to church. It's like the Latin American version of the scene in Anne of Green Gables when they are going down the road in horse and carriage through the arch of blossoming cherry trees (I think only my family can truly appreciate my love for Anne of Green Gables...hint if anyone can't think of something to get me for my bday I would LOVE the dvd set lol).

This is one of those churches that you just can't help but feel something in. Regardless of how reglious--or not--you may be, you at least feel moved by all of the history in those walls.


This pair reminded me of me and my grandpa. Everyone who knows me knows how much I love old people...this guy might take the cake. He was so sweet and gave me a HUGE hug, kiss on the cheek and "que te vaya con la paz de Dios" during church. He was really tickled by the fact that I wanted to take a picture and had to take of his sweater and have his granddaughter fix his hair.

El Padre. He gave each person a hug and a kiss on the cheek as we left church. Can you imagine Father Hoorman doing that? haha

No comments: