Thursday, May 24, 2007

This city never fails to surprise me...

One night my friend Tristan and I ventured out to eat some Arabic food and I ended up getting more than I expected from this grand city...


When we got to Sarki's (a very popular arabic restaurant here), the wait was really long so Tristan said he wanted to show me something. We walked down the residential streets of Villacrespo to this HUGE old door with a man standing in front of it. I couldn't seem to get a good picture, but this is what was behind the door. A speakeasy type bar called 878 (it's street address).
Only in BsAs can you get such HUGE portions of food and drink lots of wine and then say, "wow that's it" when the check comes.
When we were heading back towards the home side of the city, we passed what seemed to be just an empty restaurant or something. Tristan said we should go in. We did and in the back was this scene of people dancing away. An older gentleman came over and asked me if I knew how to dance...er, No. "Es facil" he said and pulled me out onto the floor. It was really fun being swept around the floor and just closing my eyes and doing whatever he signaled me to do. Just say "yes," right?

No comments: